The FortiDDoS family of purpose-built appliances provide real-time network visibility in addition to detection and prevention of Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack.
FortiDDoS uses a 100% adaptive behavior-based method to identify threats. It learns baselines of normal application activity and then monitors traffic against them. Should an attack begin, FortiDDoS would see this as an anomaly and then immediately take action in real time to mitigate it. Users are protected from known attacks and from unknown zero-day attacks, as FortiDDoS doesn’t need to wait for a signature file to be updated.
The FortiDDoS family of purpose-built appliances provide real-time network visibility in addition to detection and prevention of Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks. FortiDDoS helps protect internet-facing infrastructure from threats and service disruptions by surgically removing network and application-layer DDoS attacks. It defends critical on-premise and cloud infrastructure from attacks while relying on sophisticated filtering technologies to allow legitimate traffic to continue to flow. These scalable, high-performance appliances deliver proven DDoS defenses, and are completely interoperable with existing security technologies and network infrastructure.
FortiDDoS appliances use 100% hardware-based DDoS Protection with up to 6x FortiASIC-TP2 transaction processors. Models offer throughputs up to 48 Gbps and include the connectivity options you need with some models including 10 GE SFP+ ethernet and bypass ports.
- Up to 48 Gbps of total bi-directional throughput
- Inline, transparent mitigation for layer 3, 4 and 7 DDoS attack types
- 100% behavioral-based DDoS detection and mitigation using ASIC technology
- FortiASIC TP2 processor delivers less than 5-second attack response and mitigation times
- IP Reputation scoring system and continuous attack reevaluation reduce risks of false positive detections
- Centralized alerts, bandwidth management, role-based management and self-service portals for MSSP environments